Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Didn't Take Long

to have my meltdown. Two whole days in fact. LOL Was having a pretty good day I thought & bam out of nowhere....the tears came rolling. Not sure if I had just been holding it all in. I thought I was at peace with hubby leaving & knowing I have to get everything all ready. I think it finally hit me that he is gone & it is on me. LOL Everything is just better when he is here. He makes me laugh & smile & nothing seems to big to handle. It is going to be a long 43 days. What a baby huh? I dont know how those wives do it that have hubbies gone for long periods of time. I dont think I would make it. So I am scrapping a page for the day he left. I finally got the pictures to upload in the format I wanted. I will show you the completed project once I get the embellishments added. But here is a sneak peek of the photos.
It is almost done in "A Day In The Life" style. More details to come......

I found this ongoing project over at Twelve of Twelve. It is a monthly project that Susan Keuter is doing. It's a whole lot of fun. Go check it out & join in with us.

Yesterday before the meltdown....I went down in the basement to start organizing my side. The side with the mountains of fabric, patterns, scrapbook paper & just everything & anything related to crafting you can imagine. Well I walked down looked at it....turned around & walked right back up the stairs. LOL It just seems so overwhelming & mountainess...Is that a word? LOL So today I vow to go back down & get that small room in the corner done. Kids are having half day so I hope Taylor will help me drag garbage & unwanted items up the stairs.

As you probably guessed...I didn't quite get my dollie done. Got her dressed. I just need to put her face & hair on. You know a girl isn't complete without her hair & makeup. LOL Hoping to get that done this week. I have a ton to do....just need to get going on it.

Oh and it snowed yesterday. I know you all are probably sick of my weather updates. I just cant believe we are still getting snow from time to time. Just really weird weather. We had one day of sunshine & that was the day hubby left. If you look on the 12x12 photo above you can see it. I took pictures of the bridge here in town & the drive up our road. Have I said I LOVE it here & dont want to move. LOL Ok I wont keep complaining about it. Whats done is done. Moving on....literally!

Well have a happy productive day.
Toodles *Ü*

3 comments:

Rosalie said...

Hi Janna
I know how it is to have hubby away I had to deal with that for a little while last year. It really is very hard because now everything falls on you with the household and the kids. It's nice when hubby takes care of all that and we don't have to worry about it. But when there gone it is an overwhelming feeling of responsibilities that falls on us!!! I did it and you can too, the time will go by quicker than you think. The key is to keep yourself busy so get down in that basement and work!!! LOL Hang in there you can make it : ) I look forward to meeting you.
Rosalie

Pat(yellowsweetpotato) said...

Janna
you are a strong woman and I know it is hard and overwhelming when you think about it all at once. Just one step at a time. Hang in there girl I have all the confidence in the world in you. If you need to talk give me a ring and I will call you back I have free long distance.
I know the burden of being completely in charge of everything been there and did not like it at all. It is ONLY 43 days of the rest of your life.
hugs
Pat

Laura said...

Oh, I wish I could give you a big ol hug. I agree with just keeping yourself busy. Get lots of things checked off your to do list. I don't think the snow helps your mood either:( Take care.
Laura