Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yummy Goodness

Ok so it has been years & years since I have done this. Over at Carm's blog she had the recipe for the Amish Friendship starter. I saw it & it gave me fond memories of when my older two were little ones. I had those starters sitting all over my counter. It really made me smile to think about those days so I decided to start a starter batch LOL. I thought maybe you might like to do the same & bring some sunshine to your friends, family or neighbors. :) Here is the recipe & the daily to do's involved. Super simple really! Come on spread some Spring sunshine! Thank you Carm for letting me share.

Amish Friendship Bread Starter
In a non metal bowl mix 1 cup sugar 1 cup milk and 1 cup flour, mix with a non metal spoon to get the lumps out. Pour mixture into a gallon size ziplock bag that is your day oneday 1. you just made your starter do nothingday 2. Mush your bag3. Mush bag4. Mush bag5. in a non metal bowl mix 1 cup sugar 1 cup milk and 1 cup of flour mix it well to get out lumps with a non metal spoon or whisk and then pour into your main bag this is called feeding your starter.Day 6. mush bagday 7. mush bagday 8. mush bagday 9.. yup you guessed it mush bag lolday 10. Pour the entire contents of the bag into a non metal bowl. Add 1 C sugar, 1 C milk and 1 C flour.Measure out 4 separate batters of 1 Cup each and place into 4 one gallon size ziplock bags. Keep one of the bags for yourself to keep yours going and with what is left in the bowl you can make a batch of amish cinnamon bread. Give the other 3 bags away to friends . Make sure to print out instructions for them. If its been a couple days make sure to let them know which day the bag is on so they can continue. here is a great site for some Amish recipes and what to do with your starter in the bowl http://www.amishrecipes.net/recipes.php/19/Amish-Friendship-Starter/Bread/

Go look at the finished product at Carm's. All I can say is YUMMO!

Well I need to get back to work on my projects. Hope your day is productive & fun!
*Well I was rather boring today wasn't I* LOL

Toodles!

2 comments:

Pond Creek Primitives said...

I've searched the world over for the Amish friendship bread starter recipe !!! Yippeee !!!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I do hope you'll stop by the Pond Creek Homestead often !!!

Happy day ~ Belinda (Bee)

shweetpotato said...

Yayyy have you started your starter yet?? I fed mine today :D I bake next monday :D Carm