Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Day At The Beach


Travis was invited to a birthday party at the beach this week. You know how in your busy life you sometimes get overwhelmed & dread having to fulfill obligations. I was kind of dreading the party thinking of all the things that I could be doing in that time frame. Well, I am so glad we went. I even got to drag the hubs with me (mind you he hates the beach....sand yuck!).



Surprisingly enough, we had the best day ever! It was a gorgeous day & the weather was perfect. Travis had a ball hanging out with his friends & boogie boarding the waves. That kid was gone as soon as his feet hit the sand. Hubs & I ended up sitting on the beach relaxing; enjoying good company, good roasted weinies & a wonderful bonfire . It was a blast!



We ended up seeing the most amazing sunset ever. I think its sweet how things turn out good when you take the time to smell the roses or in this case...the ocean. I will miss all the beauty that surrounds us here but look forward to new beauty & adventures living in the south.





The icing on the cake is getting to hang with my daughter again. Now if only I could get the Army to build a base in Arkansas & station my son there. Life would be perfect!




Enjoy your weekend & go out & find the beauty in your neck of the woods.



~Toodles

No comments: