Friday, April 17, 2009

Still Trying To

get caught up. :) It has been a crazy month or two.



Some of you that know me know that I have been trying to have WLS (weight loss surgery)for quite some time. I was finally approved. It all kind of took off quickly after that. HahahaThey approved me for surgery & had me scheduled in a matter of a week. It was crazy fast. So as of March 31st I am now on the path to healthier living WooHoo! The surgery went extremely well. Other than minor discomfort it was easier than having my children. ;) I am about three weeks out & am finally getting some energy back. I am so excited to get healthier & have more energy to live life to the fullest besides not having diabetes or high blood pressure now. I will keep you updated on my progress as it unfolds. So far I am about 10 pounds down. Here are the pics that my hubby took before surgery. We want to keep a month to month log of the progress. If anyone has struggled your whole life with weight & the battles that ensue with trying to lose....I highly recommend this surgery. Do your research & check your doctor out thoroughly. The actual surgery was not to bad but the wrapping your head around only being able to eat 3-4 bites of food & being so stuffed that you cant breathe takes a little adjustment. I am not complaining in any way. It is all worth it!!



As for the rest of life....it has been great! About a month before surgery I had bought a lottery ticket. I dont normally buy them. I had won on a couple of tickets I had purchased. I decided to go back & take half the amount in cash & get the other $5 in lottery tickets. Well my 2nd ticket in was a big winner. I won a trip to be on the lottery tv show. It is an all expense paid trip so it will be fun no matter what. The games have changed so much that you dont win as much as you used to but we are guaranteed a minimum amount so thats not bad at all. I think the experience alone will be a blast & a lifetime of memories. Our trip is planned for May so I will keep you posted to the outcome.

Like I said things have been crazy here. I am working on finishing my quilt top from when my BFF Kathy was here. I am also working on some scrapbook mini albums too. Tarynn is walking in the American Diabetes Association walk so I am working on another craft for her to carry along with her. I will share all my treasures with you as I finish them.


Thanks for hanging in there with me. I will be back in the next day or two to bring you more news. Have a wonderful weekend. :)
Toodles Ü

4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow Janna! Good for you!! I wish you a speedy recovery and a wonderful healthy life! I look forward to seeing your progress....Bless You!....Hugs Annie

Rosalie said...

Congrats Janna I am so happy for you :-) You have won twice!!!

Rosalie

Doris said...

So glad you had your surgery. You're looking good and I know you will continue to feel better and have more energy. Congrats!!

Maureen said...

Thank you for sharing this journey with us Janna. You are inspiring me to get back to making healthier choices. God bless you! Mo