Friday, April 24, 2009

Altered Tag

I have always had a fondness for all the altered art out there. I decided to give it a try this last week. So here are the pics of the wooden tags I created for my daughter Tarynn & Brittney(my 2nd daughter). They have decided to do the American Diabetes Association Walk. I thought it would be cute to make these tags to pin on their shirts somewhere. After completing them I knew they would be to bulky for around the neck. Personally, it would of drove me batty to be walking & sweating & having this thing around my neck. Hahaha!! So I added the little heart clip to the end so they could hang a safety pin off of that. I think Brittney opted to hang hers on the stroller. The one thing I was going for is versatility....I figured if I left it a lil generic they could use them again if they did a breast cancer walk or any wonderful cause they choose. So come Saturday, April 25th if you are in the Little Rock, Arkansas area you may just see them walking their little hearts out. Good Luck girls....drink lots of water!

Speaking of my daughter....I am so proud of her. She has always been so committed to giving back. She has done so many wonderful things in our community. All through high school she worked Toy For Tots, Special Olympics, Roadside Trash Cleanup, Adopt A Soldier, flag placement in our local cemetary for Memorial Day as well as leading the 21 Gun Salute that went to all of the cemetaries in our valley. It was an all day event which was normally VERY hot & tiring. She also started a program at her high school to collect items for all the soldiers over in Iraq. She boxed everything up & mailed them all on her own. I am so proud of her & her BIG heart ♥. She has always been giving & thoughtful. A mom couldnt ask for anything better. Gonna share some of the pictures from some of those events. Thanks for visiting us & taking a look at my ramblings.







Have a wonderful weekend! Toodles Ü

No comments: