Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catch Up


As I said it has been a busy few months. First we are so excited to announce that we are GRANDPARENTS! Woo Hoo!! Our daughter delivered Landon Reilly Johnson, April 5,2010.
He weighed 8lbs 14 oz & was 22 inches long. He is so unbelievably gorgeous (if I do say so myself). He looks so much like her when she was first born & so much like her brother. His lips are definitely his dads. It is crazy how genes work. We have been in seventh heaven enjoying every minute with him.


My mom came for a month to await Landon's arrival. It was nice to get that much time to spend with her. She was so overjoyed to be here for the birth. I know it was so hard for her to go home. We were able to get a four generations pic while she was here. It came out pretty good for us amateur photographers. lol





As well as a new baby, April brought some new baking samples & parties. I tried my hand at a coconut/lime cupcake. I really liked this one. We also made cupcakes for our good friend Brittany's daughter. Miss Kylie turned six & had a hot pink & purple birthday. We also made cupcakes for a pirate themed house warming.
I have some more to share next post as well.










 April did'nt leave without leaving its mark here in town. We got hit with several tornadoes. Being new to this tornado stuff we never expected to get a first hand glimpse of what mother nature can give. We lived in our closet with supplies for several hours. We were extremely lucky that we did not get hit directly but unfortunately our neighbors were'nt so lucky. The damage was so sad to witness. Loss of life was minimal but unfortunate just the same. We lost power for 12 hours & really see where we are lacking in our emergency supplies. I see a generator in our near future.







May was a busy month here at the Houlihans. We celebrated Mother's Day with our brand new mommy by going to lunch & the movies. We love the Texas Roadhouse. They have great food at very affordable prices. We also tried our hand at rootbeer cookies(yummy but very sweet) & peanut butter cup cupcakes (these were a big hit). May also found us travelling down to Tennessee for Memphis In May. Lord have mercy it was HOT! Poor baby was sweltering on his first roadtrip. lol I was so excited to see the Food Network's Ultimate BBQ Challenge. I got to meet & photograph with famous multi-award winning Myron Mixon. He is so intimidating on air but sweet as pie in person. Just a great experience. May ended in style with a get together with great friends for Memorial Day. We bbq'd & swam & just beat the heat having fun.










I think I will pick up tomorrow where I'm leaving off today. It has been busy busy for us here. This post will be long enough to get through without adding June to the mix. June has been just as busy. I will be back to share more on our June adventures on the road as well as baby & baking. hahaha









Until later ~Toodles

No comments: